Many tools exist to help you create websites without much technical knowledge. Some of these tools are free, while others require payment. Google Sheets is a great way to get started with the process of creating a website in this regard.
In the past few years, Google Sheets has grown from a simple spreadsheet program to a powerful tool for apps and development. You don’t need coding or design knowledge to create a site with Google Sheets. All you need is a basic understanding of how to work in Google Sheets and some free time on your hands.
It can be used in many different ways in order to make your life easier when it comes to building your website. For example, using the spreadsheet for designing landing pages, collecting surveys, and even tracking your social media analytics.
Google Sheets offers you an easy-to-use platform that is simple to learn and can do just about anything. That's why it is the perfect starting point for making your website!
In this blog post, I will share some no-code spreadsheet-to-site tools that will help you to easily convert a Google Sheet into a full website.
AppSheet provides a no-code development platform for application software, which allows users to create mobile, tablet, and web applications using data sources like Google Drive, DropBox, Office 365, and other cloud-based spreadsheet and database platforms.
- Anyone on your team can make apps and automate processes
- Create and deploy multi-platform apps in real-time
- Deliver a rich user experience with a robust feature set
Glide creates web apps from Google Sheets, without code. The apps are optimized for phones & tablets and can be shared with a link. Build an app from a Google Sheet in five minutes, for free. Start with a template, customize it for your needs, and share it with anyone. Create apps visually, without code. Make changes as easily as editing a document.
- Your app and your Google Sheet stay in sync
- Drag-and-drop components
- Invite your team to collaborate
- Add a custom domain and branding to make your app unique
- Glide Tables are faster and more scalable than Google Sheets and can be shared between apps
- Design for phones, tablets, and the web, so your Glide apps feel natural on more screens
- Hundreds of templates in our template store, for every use case
SpreadSimple uses the data in your Google spreadsheet to create styled websites with a variety of features like filtering, search, sorting, cart, orders collection via forms, and much more. Update the sheet to instantly reflect the changes on the website.
- Always up-to-date & Easy to manage data
- Blazing fast setup
- Modern, feature-rich websites
- Different themes
- Sorting, Search, Pagination
- Filters and categories
- Connect custom domain
- Mobile friendly
Sheet2Site is a tool that will help you create a beautiful website from Google Sheets with pictures, text, filters and links. Make a website without writing code from just one Google Sheet.
- Embed Google Sheet onto Your Website
- Filter by price, type, brand, and by any product options you have created
- You can create an entire website from templates using only Google Sheet
- Embed your spreadsheet data in a visual way whether you use Wix, WordPress or a custom site
- Monetize your website Stripe + Google Forms
Do anything in a spreadsheet. Connect Google Sheets to 100s of webapps and services to automate more of your work.
- Build and enrich lead lists fast with the new Blockspring app for sales and recruiting
- Automate reporting. Pull your marketing metrics into one place with our add-ons for Google Sheets, Excel, and Tableau
- Get live data into your landing pages. Use Google Sheets as a database, or get API data into your Bubble.is app with a few clicks
Sheety turns your spreadsheet into a Restful JSON API, meaning you can get data in and out of your spreadsheet using simple HTTP requests and URLs. Turn any Google sheet into an API instantly, for free. Power websites, apps, or whatever you like, all from a spreadsheet. Changes to your spreadsheet update your API in realtime.
- Fully Restful JSON API
- Choose from a library of prebuilt templates
- Bring your prototypes to life with real data
- Use Sheety to populate content on your client's website.
The Sheetsu API lets developers integrate a spreadsheet to API conversion system with existing applications. It supports forms, surveys, and mailing lists. This lets developers use spreadsheets as databases. The Sheetsu API is REST based, and returns data in JSON format.
- Easy to implement on your own
- Flexible CMS
- Simple setup
- Easy collaboration
- Collect data from anywhere - forms, APIs, web, mobile to Google Spreadsheets as well as show data
- Develop Mobile Apps without code
- Collect information and leads from your website
- Create website without code and connect spreadsheet as a database
Siteoly is a no-code tool to build websites from Google sheets. Turn your Google sheet data into a working website. You can select from 50+ design templates and create your site in less than 10 minutes.
- Custom domains
- Chat Integration
- Analytics Integration
- Embed on external sites
- Embed HTML, Maps, Forms on any page
- Write blogs from Google sheets
- Build lists easily
- Add Filters & Search functionality
- 20+ Templates to start
Use your Google Sheets as a JSON API. Connect Google Spreadsheets to your CRM or any other tool using JSON API and RESTful requests.
- Easy to use and implement
- Google Sheets JSON API
- Make interactive content without coding skills
- Give your clients a CMS that everyone knows how to use
- Friendly, personal support
9. API Spreadsheets
Instantly Use Your Spreadsheets as an API and Database.
- Instantly use your spreadsheets as an API and Database
- Connect to Google Sheets, Dropbox and Local Spreadsheets
- Use our pre-written code samples to get started right away
- Simple & Robust API Design
Table2Site allows you to create no-code websites and uses Airtable as a CMS. You just have to add settings and content to your Airtable base and Table2site takes care of the rest. It's perfect for: Curated list for X websites like NomadList, small landing pages, coming soon pages, etc.
- Easily create websites with multiple pages
- Tweak the design
- Cards, lists & filters
- Google Fonts
- Mailchimp integration
- Connect your own domain
Sheet.best turns spreadsheets into REST APIs. Connect a gsheet or a csv to anything. Builds applications faster without worrying about a backend.
- Turn your spreadsheet into an API in less than 30 seconds and use it anywhere
- Administration panel, CMS, Website or App, control everything from a spreadsheet
- From Content and Formulas to CRM and HR, control everything using our connections
- Connect your spreadsheets to anything
Publisheet is an Excel add-in that provides one-click publishing of your worksheets as dynamic, cloud-hosted web pages, with formula support. Absolutely no coding required.
- Instant, without coding
- Beautiful web-based applications or reports
- You can optionally protect your web pages with a password
Use any Google Sheets or Excel Online spreadsheet to power a fully-fledged API, no coding required.
- Use Google and Excel Online Spreadsheets as a CMS, capture form data, save days of development work.
- Use Google & Excel Online Spreadsheets as a database. Read & write data with a single line of code. Prototype your ideas at lightning speed.
- Make your data more accessible, through the collaboration of Excel Online and Google Spreadsheets.
Use Updatefy to transform any Google Sheet into embeddable widgets using our built-in widgets types or use our custom widget element to create what you need!
- Minimum code required
- Compatible with any platform or website
- Your data from Google Sheets, immediately live
- Simple, fast, powerful templating
Build Instant APIs from Google Sheets. Sheetson gives you an instant backend solution for all your coding projects. No setup, no worries, unlimited possibilities.
- Create as many rows and spreadsheets as you want
- Pay a flat price every month
- Get APIs up in seconds without server setup and maintenance
- Never expose your data to the world with public sharing
- Use Google Sheet as a database manager
- Make as many design requests and revisions as you want
Bonus tool - Automatio.co
No-code Web Automation & Data Extraction
Automatio is another no-code tool that you might find useful for your business. With Automatio you can easily scrape the data from any website without using a single line of code. A user-friendly interface allows you to build a bot visually in just a few clicks.
After you gather the data you need, you just simply send that data to your Google Sheet directly through Automatio dashboard and then use it further however you like.
That's it for this list! I hope you liked it and that this post will help you to choose the right tool for your needs.